ICU East Unit (CRU or CICU or A6a ward)
During the hours of the working day there is a designated CICU consultant.
Out of hours it is covered by a CICU consultant and all referrals or concerns must be discussed with the consultant on-call.
There are 2 ward rounds a day.
We should have 1-2 residents, an SpR and a CICU consultant.
THE FIRST CASE ON EVERY CARDIAC LIST MUST BE SEEN THE NIGHT BEFORE. IF YOU ARE OFF (ON THE ROTA), THE SHO ON-CALL WILL SEE THE PATIENT.
These following pages have videos and information and links on them - let us know if they are faulty as the www does evolve.
- Cardiac Case Pre-assessment Guide - First case guide
- Cardiac Pre-Meds - Essential Knowledge
- Bleeding on CICU - It Happens..
- Arrest in Cath Lab - Get ready
- ROTEM - like TEG but different
- TEG - know this for exams too
- Picco - brachial or femoral
- Dexdor - Dexmedetomidine on CICU
- FloTrac - Cardiac Output monitor
- CALS - THE arrest protocol after sternotomy
- IABP- A users guide / knowledge
- Pacing - Temporary Boxes
- TOE - Trans-Oesophagela Echo
- INVOS - Cerebral Oximetry
- OOHCA - Out of Hospital Arrest plans
- Pain - Post Cardiac Surgery pathway
- Ateriosel - Blood less arterial access ?
- New Philips TOE Machines learning videos
- LHCPB and TAA repairs - a simple guide
- DHCA - some help
Below is a nice simple video to help you explain the surgery, and if you click this link then a longer video is available.